There’s an upcoming event in the area that could help local construction business owners reach potential employees.
The Construction Career Day, which is set for Tuesday, March 28, and Wednesday, March 29, at the Smoky Mountain Event Center in Waynesville, has open slots available for free booths at this event that construction businesses, vendors, and skilled-trade employers can register for by clicking here.
This event, which is sponsored by The Mountain Area Workforce Development Board, will serve as a regional career development event for high school students across Western North Carolina who are interested in learning more about careers in the construction and skilled-trade sectors.
More than 1,000 high school students are expected to attend the event from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on each day.
Community College, University, Job Corps, and the general public will attend on the afternoon of March 28.
Students will rotate through demonstrations and participate in hands-on activates. At the WNC Construction Career Day event, attendees will:
- Operate construction equipment and interact with professional equipment operators.
- Explore construction-related exhibits and demonstrations.
- Hear from educators and representatives from educational intuitions.
- Learn about the many professions that make up the construction industry.
- Find out about the salaries, benefits, stackable credentials and educational opportunities including apprenticeships and internships.
If you’re interested in the event, find out more information on its website (click here).